filing_requirements - Estimated tax(corporations 1120-W...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
What are my filing requirements if I own a business? The filing requirements for business owners depend upon the type of business (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, S Corporation). Also, if you have employees, you are required to file employment tax related returns. Listed below are common forms and due dates businesses are subject to: Business/Tax type THEN use Form: Filing Due Date Sole proprietorship 1040 and Schedule C or C-EZ April 15th Partnership 1065 April 15th; for fiscal year partnerships the return is due on the 15th day of the fourth month after close of the tax year Corporations 1120 or 1120-A (corporation) 1120S (S corporation) March 15th; for fiscal year corporations the return is due on the 15th day of the third month after close of tax year Self-employment tax Schedule SE April 15th, filed with 1040 and Schedule C or C-EZ Estimated tax (sole proprietor business) 1040-ES Quarterly-April 15th, June 15th, September 15th, January 15th
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Estimated tax (corporations) 1120-W 15th day of 4th, 6th, 9th, and 12th months of corporation's tax year Social security and Medicare taxes and income tax withholding on employee's wages 941 8109 (to make deposits) Form 941: quarterly, Deposits due dependant upon tax liability, refer to Publication 15, Employer's Tax Guide, for detailed information Providing information on social security and Medicare taxes and income tax withholding W-2 (to employee) W-2 and W-3 (to the Social Security Administration) Provide to employee by January 31st Provide to Social Security Administration by February 28th (March 31st if filed electronically) Federal unemployment Tax (FUTA) 940 8109 (to make deposits) January 31st Make deposits on last day of first month after quarter ends Filing information returns for payments to nonemployees and transactions with other persons 1099-MISC Provide to recipient by January 31st File with IRS by February 28th...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 03/03/2010 for the course TAX 6845 taught by Professor Kelliher,c during the Spring '08 term at University of Central Florida.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online