displays - I nformation from the 135 surveys our class...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Information from the 135 surveys our class conducted Problem find a parking spot on main campus Yes 83 people No 52 people We chose a circle graph because there were two categories the survey participant had to choose from. We learned in class that circle graphs are most useful when there are only two categories, and in this case there are only two. If there had been many categories a bar graph would have been a more effective display. The circle graph represents the part to whole relationship which allows us to effectively compare the data. 100 percent is the whole which is 135 people and the portion that is 61.5 percent is the people who are having parking problems with the other portion is 38.5 percent representing the people who are not having parking problems. The measures of center are not of use in this display because there are only two categories. There is not a great deal of variability either for the same reason. What Parking lot on main campus do you park in the most? Parki ng Lot 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Count 10 28 20 1 9 2 1 0 37 6 1 0 1 0 0 13 6
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Information gathered from the 135 surveys our class conducted We had several different categories, and each of these different categories had a frequency. We decided to put the categories and frequencies together into a table. In a table, we are able to see what frequency each category has. From there we created a bar graph with each lot and the number of people that park in the lot. The frequency is not the data but the number of people. Bar graphs are good use for comparing between different groups. This
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 03/10/2010 for the course ED 4070 taught by Professor Sweet during the Fall '09 term at Western Michigan.

Page1 / 7

displays - I nformation from the 135 surveys our class...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online