Unformatted text preview: Time Management Time Management
Lesson 1 Importance of Time Importance of Time Management • Control of your time = control of your life Planning Planning
• Dynamic planning
– Long term – Weekly – Daily • Get a daily planner Long Term Long Term
• 4yr plan, semester schedule • Record holidays, exams, homework due dates etc • Take dates from your syllabus • Plan ahead!!!! Weekly Weekly
• Include prep time • Include PT, clubs, etc • Include study time 23 hours per hour in class • Add it all up, subtract from 168 • What is left over is sleep, meals, free time Daily Daily
• Make a daily schedule every night, review it every morning • Use a 3x5 card • Start with your weekly schedule • Stick to it!!!!! Problems Problems
• Decisions, decisions, decisions • Don’t give up the ship • Unforeseen events ABC System ABC System
• Break your overall goals down into manageable activities • List your activities in priority order • Label the high priority activities A, lower priorities B, low priorities C • Do the A’s first Resolving Conflict Resolving Conflict
• Prioritize • Study for classes you like the least first • Be flexible but maintain you priorities Time Time
• Finite resource 168 hours per week • Where to find more
– Class schedule – Outside commitments – Sleep habits Efficiency is the key to success What Is the Best Use of Your What Is the Best Use of Your Time Right Now?
An A Activity! ...
View Full Document
- Spring '08
- Management, Daily Daily, Time Management Time, Include prep time