550_446_2010 TA 03 - 550.446 Risk Management Analysis and...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: 550.446 Risk Management Analysis and Hedging, Spring 2010 TA Section 03 Peter C.L. Lin [email protected] 1 Homework Review 7.19 The delta with respect to the fist factor is . 21 × 5 + . 26 × (- 3) + . 32 × (- 1) + . 35 × 2 + . 36 × 5 + . 36 × 7 + . 36 × 8 = 7 . 85 . Similarly, the deltas with respect to the second and third factors are 1 . 18 and- 1 . 24, respectively. The relative importance of the factors can be seen by multiplying the factor exposure by the factor standard deviation. The second factor is about 1 . 18 × 6 . 05 7 . 85 × 17 . 49 = 5 . 2% as important as the first factor. The third factor is about 1 . 24 × 3 . 10 1 . 18 × 6 . 05 = 53 . 8% as important as the second factor. 8.12 (a) A loss of $1 million extends from the 94 percentile point of the loss distribution to the 96 percentile point. The 95% VaR is therefore $1 million. (b) The expected shortfall for one of the investments is the expected loss conditional that the loss is in the 5 percent tail. Given that we are in the tail there is a 20% chance than the loss is $1 million and an 80% chance that the loss is $10 million. Thethat we are in the tail there is a 20% chance than the loss is $1 million and an 80% chance that the loss is $10 million....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 03/19/2010 for the course EOE 342 taught by Professor Jooe during the Spring '10 term at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.

Page1 / 2

550_446_2010 TA 03 - 550.446 Risk Management Analysis and...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online