mar6p - EXAM P QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK S. Broverman, 2006...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
EXAM P QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK S. Broverman, 2006 Week of March 6/06 A study of international athletes shows that of the two performance-enhancing steroids Dianabol and Winstrol, 5% of athletes use Dianabol and not Winstrol, 2% use Winstrol and not Dianabol, and 1% use both. A breath test has been developed to test for the presence of the these drugs in an athlete. Past use of the test has resulted in the following information regarding the accuracy of the test. Of the athletes that are using both drugs, the test indicates that 75% are using both drugs, 15% are using Dianabol only and 10% are using Winstrol only. In 80% of the athletes that are using Dianabol but not Winstrol, the test indicates they are using Dianabol but not Winstrol, and for the other 20% the test indicates they are using both drugs. In 60% of the athletes that are using Winstrol but not Dianabol, the test indicates that they are using Winstrol only, and for the other 40% the test indicates they are using both drugs. For all athletes that are using neither Dianabol nor Winstrol, the test always indicates that they are using neither drug.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 03/29/2010 for the course STATISTICS 50 taught by Professor Diaz during the Spring '10 term at California State University , Monterey Bay.

Page1 / 2

mar6p - EXAM P QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK S. Broverman, 2006...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online