Unformatted text preview: NSTI TUENT ASSEM BLY A SSEM
• The National Assembly formed officially in late June, 1789 • After July, 1789, it became known officially as the National Constituent Assembly.
• King Louis attempted to move the NCA out of Paris to usurp its power, but the citizens had already rallied themselves N at ional Const it uent assembly
• The NCA organized and carried out many integral plans and events in French history, including:
Helping plan the Storming of the Bastille Putting an end to French feudalism Womens’ rights Royal “émigrés” (the royal family fled to Germany and England) • The execution of much of the royal family • • • • L egislat ive Assembly
• From 17911792, the assembly called itself a “Legislative Assembly”, which was a “constitutional monarchy.
• This meant the assembly and...
View Full Document