architecture

architecture - Moved from city hotel to van herlingen house...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
16:50 Originally the red lion pub University seal The seal of queens college goes back to the earliest decades of the institution Rev. John H. Livingston (174601825) suggested that Queens College adopt  the Utrecht seal and motto o First appeared on early diplomas In 1634 the Utrecht university sued a sun emblem with latin motto sol Iustitiae  illisru nos
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
Background image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Moved from city hotel to van herlingen house in somerset, to third queens college building on Shureman st (george st) at Livingston ave (1791-1811) Cornerstone in 1809, classes in 1812 Queens campus property 1807 Following the revolution the trustees sought a more permanent location for queens college and a substantial college building In 18 fd 16:50 16:50...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 04/05/2010 for the course AMER 101 taught by Professor Americanstudies during the Spring '10 term at Rutgers.

Page1 / 3

architecture - Moved from city hotel to van herlingen house...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online