electric shock - Electric Shock Electric shock is not...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Electric Shock Electric shock is not always fatal, and rarely is it immediately fatal. It may only stun the victim and momentarily arrest breathing in cases of electric shock, break contact, restore the victim’s breathing by means of artificial respiration, and maintain warmth. To avoid shock To avoid receiving a shock yourself, exercise extreme caution when attempting to release the victim from contact with a live conductor. Many persons, by their lack of knowledge of such matters, have been severely shocked or burned when attempting to rescue a co- worker. Steps to follow to rescue a victim To release a victim from contact with live conductors known to be 750 volts or less, do not touch the conductor, and do not touch the victim or the victim’s bare skin if the victim is in contact with the live conductor. Use a piece of dry, non-conducting material such as a piece of wood, rope, or rubber hose to push or pull the live conductor away from the victim. The live conductor can also be handled safely with rubber gloved.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 2

electric shock - Electric Shock Electric shock is not...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online