Final Study Sheet for
Chapters 4, 6, 7, & 8
Final Study Chap 4,6,7&8 F09.doc
from the first Final study Sheet.
1. How many moles of ions are released when 0.36 mol of AlCl
, is dissolved in water?
2. How many sodium ions are present in 15.8 mL of 0.100
, and MgCl
are soluble in water. Which one produces the largest
number of dissolved particles per mole of dissolved solute?
4. Which one of the following ionic compounds is soluble in water?
aqueous solutions of the following substances are prepared. Which one would you expect to
have the lowest electrical conductivity? Na
, and MgCl
6. In the following reaction, what ions, if any, are spectator ions?
7. Select the precipitate that forms when the following reactants are mixed
8. Select the net ionic equation for the reaction between sodium chloride and silver nitrate.
) + AgNO
) ----> NaNO
) + AgCl(
9. Select the correct name and chemical formula for the precipitate that forms when the following
reactants are mixed
10. Which, if any, of the following properties applies to weak acids
11. Which of the following is a strong acid?
12. Select the correct set of products for the following reaction.
13. Calculate the oxidation number of the chlorine in compound DDD.
14. What is the oxidation number of:
15. Identify the oxidizing agent in the following redox reaction
16. Which one of the following is not a redox reaction?
17. Select the best statement relating to the following reaction:
Some oxidation - reduction reaction.
AA is oxidized.
BB in the compound c)
YY is the oxidizing agent,
ZZ in the compound YY is the reducing agent.
AA in the compound is oxidized.
CC in the compound YY is the reducing agent.
15. Which one of the following is a redox reaction
16. Select the classification for the following reaction.
single replacement, f)
double replacement, g)
None of these choices is correct.
1. A system receives 132 J of heat and delivers 375 J of work. Calculate the change in the internal energy,
, of the system.
2. A system delivers 1085 J of heat while the surroundings perform 400. J of work on it. Calculate