This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ng Tools
• Inventory Control
• Process of identifying and implementing inventory Process levels to minimize total cost levels • Economic Order Quantity
• Reducing set up costs • Break-even Charts
• Point where fixed and variable costs are same • Learning Curve
• If you do things more, you will get faster If (better) (better) The Economic Order Quantities (EOQ) model determines the most economic lot/batch size for a production run. Changeover Cost + Inventory Carrying Cost Variable Cost Inventory Carrying Cost Changeover Cost Fixed Cost EOQ Increasing Lot/Batch Size Lean looks at shifting the EOQ to the left Changeover Cost + Inventory Carrying Cost Variable Cost Inventory Carrying Cost Changeover Cost Fixed Cost EOQ Increasing Lot/Batch Size Cost Volume Profit Model Cost
$ total rev total cost fixed cost BEP vol Production Planning and Control Systems Control
• Managing the people and machines Managing for optimum performance (utilization) to prevent idleness (utilization)
• Material Requirements Planning (MRP) • Manufacturing Resource Planning Manufacturing (MRP II) (MRP • Theory of Constraints • Lean Manufacturing & JIT Homework Homework
• 11-5, 6, 8...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/13/2010 for the course EM 510 taught by Professor Stauffer,l during the Spring '08 term at Idaho.
- Spring '08
- Engineering Management