201-tutorial-7 - Econ 201 Tutorial #7 Date: Week of Mar....

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Econ 201 Tutorial #7 Date: Week of Mar. 8-14, 2010 Coverage: Chapter 7 Firms, Investors and Capital Markets Part I: Multiple Choice Questions 1. A risk-neutral person: a. is concerned only with return, not with risks. b. will always hedge his bets. c. will balance his risk-averse and risk-seeking actions on a yearly basis. d. none of the above. 2. Dave is risk averse while Scott is risk neutral. Both are confronted with the following gamble: win $5,000 with the probability of 65% or lose $9,000 with a probability of 35%. One can predict that: a. both will accept the gamble. b. only Scott will accept the gamble. c. only Dave will accept the gamble. d. Scott will accept and Dave may accept. 3. For the following gamble, with a probability of 20% that one wins $100 and an 80% probability of losing $25, Regis takes the gamble and Bryan rejects it. One can infer that: a. both Regis and Bryan are risk averse. b. neither Regis nor Bryan are risk averse. c. Regis is risk averse and Bryan is risk neutral. d. Bryan is risk averse and Regis is risk neutral....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 04/19/2010 for the course ECON econ201 taught by Professor Ianirvine during the Spring '10 term at Concordia Canada.

Page1 / 2

201-tutorial-7 - Econ 201 Tutorial #7 Date: Week of Mar....

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online