Answers-to-Lecture-Q_40708

Answers-to-Lecture-Q_40708 - Answers to Lecture Questions...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Answers to Lecture Questions from 2‐8‐10 & 2‐10‐10 Lecture (Question numbers below match those in the VNET document, “1362 CH 12‐16 Questions to be covered during lecture”) 24. Which sequence is complimentary to the following DNA sequence? 5’ – A A G T A C – 3’ a. 5’ – A A G T A C – 3’ b. 5’ – T T C A T G – 3’ c. 5’ – G T A C T T ‐3’ Answer: “C” 25. Properly draw leading & lagging strands in the diagram below. a. Which quadrant(s) (A, B, C, D): • • If DNA analysis shows an organism’s DNA contains 20% cytosine, what percentage of adenine nucleotides will its DNA have? A. 20% B. 30% C. 40% D. 60% Answer: “B” (30%) 20% C = 20% G, so total G+C = 40%, must be 60% A+T, thus A & T each are 30%. initially contains Okazaki fragments? B & C initiates synthesis from an RNA primer? A, B, C, D ...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 04/23/2010 for the course BIOL 1361 taught by Professor Knapp during the Spring '05 term at University of Houston.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online