This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Geology of Yellowstone Caldera Caldera
Geology SCI/245 May 3, 2009 Geological Features & Events Geological • Super Volcano • Earthquakes Geological Feature Geological
• Yellowstone Lava Flow • Feldspar • Quartz Geologic Time Geologic
• 2.1 million years old • Radiometric dating Geological Event Geological
• Colossal volcanic eruption • Hot spot Weathering and Erosion Weathering
• Rain • Wind Igneous Rocks Igneous
• Discuss the relation of igneous rocks to your region. Sedimentary Rocks Sedimentary
• Discuss the relation of sedimentary rocks to your region. Metamorphic Rocks Metamorphic
• Discuss the relation of metamorphic rocks to your region. Water, Desert, and Glaciers Water,
• Yellowstone Lake Resources Resources
• Discuss resources that are abundant in the region. • Discuss the importance and economic value of this resource to the region or nation. Conclusion Conclusion
• Conclude with why you chose the region and geological feature for this project. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/19/2010 for the course N/A SCI/245 taught by Professor N/a during the Summer '09 term at University of Phoenix.
- Summer '09