Econ375Homework1_1

Econ375Homework1_1 - ECON 375 Introduction to Econometrics...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
ECON 375: Introduction to Econometrics Spring 2010 Problem Set 1 Due: April 12, 2010 NOTE: All assignments must be typed if you can not write it legibly. Graphs and calculations may be handwritten. No late homework will be accepted. Exercise 1 (10 Points) A fair six-sided dice is thrown and the result is recorded. The same die is thrown a second time. Calculate the probability that the num- ber obtained on the second toss exceeds the number obtained on the first toss. Exercise 2 (10 Points) Bart is planning to murder his rich Uncle Basil in hopes of claiming his inheritance a bit early. Hoping to take advantage of his uncles predilection for immoderate deserts, Bart has put rat poison in the cherries flambe and cyanide in the chocolate mousse. The probability of the rat poison being fatal is 60 percent; the cyanide 90 percent. Bart estimates that Basil has a 60 percent chance of ordering the cherries and a 40 percent chance of ordering the mousse. Given that Basil did, indeed, suffer a premature demise, what is the probability that he was done in by the chocolate mousse? Exercise 3 (10 Points) The rated capacity for an elevator at the Sears Tower is 2500 kilograms. If this capacity is exceeded the elevator cable will snap and will plummet to the ground.
Image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern