Unformatted text preview: 0306-250
Assembly Language Programming
1. Describe the details of initializing the SCI and ECT (timer) to generate interrupt requests. Be
sure to describe all bits of the control registers that must be set and/or cleared and why each
bit/field must have the value that you indicate.
2. List the differences between (1) a subroutine and (2) an interrupt handler.
3. Explain what happens from the time an IRQ is asserted until the time the RTI instruction is
executed. (Note: There are many steps involved, so take your time and be specific.)
4. Explain the differences among (1) interrupts, (2) exceptions, and (3) traps.
· 10 points: Overall presentation—accurate and thorough answer/solution, which gives the
answer and explains how it was derived
20 points: Question 1
20 points: Question 2
30 points: Question 3
20 Points: Question 4 Page 1 of 1 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 05/06/2010 for the course EECC 0306-250 taught by Professor Roymelton during the Fall '10 term at RIT.
- Fall '10