Exam 03 - Math 2602 M1/M2 Test3 April 19, 2007 1 Math 2602...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–6. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 4
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 6
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Math 2602 M1/M2 Test3 April 19, 2007 1 Math 2602 TEST3 Name: VOLC“ Problems P1/12 P2/9 P3/19 P46 Total/40 H l l I / l H Scores 1 l ] J H TIME ALLOWED: 50 minutes JSHOW YOUR REASONING TO RECEIVE CREDITS j No Calculator may be used Problem#1 (12 points) Determine the clique and chromatic numbers of the following graphs. In all cases, you are required to construct a coloring with the least number of colors‘ Math 2602 M1/M2 Test3 April 19, 2007 2 Problem#2 (9 points ) Find the largest value of the function f (as, y, z) = x + 23/ + 3z on the 3-dimensional region determined by O < a: < 2 , 0 < y < 3, O < z < 1, 3:1; + 2y + 42 S 12. "Z Math 2602 M1 /M2 Test3 April 19, 2007 a 3 Problem#3 (19 points) Assume that 70% of people that voted republican in the last election will vote republican and that the remaining 30% Will vote democrat in the next election. Also assume that 60% of those who voted democrat in the last election will vote democrat and that the remaining 40% will switch to republican in the next election. Suppose that in the last election 80 million voted republican and 60 million voted democrat. Assume that this happens in every election. (a) (3 points) Turn this data into a matrix A and vector x(0), the distribution of votes in the 326% last election and determine x(1), the distribution of votes in t m t election. /\r\, Rm : 0-? Ho) + 04mm 4r> H0 : 0-?— m, 2(a) b(\\ : ()8 mm + 0:6'D(,o\ 13‘“ 0.3 0.6 9(a) ‘ g M : > {ROD V 0.} on] 20 my] ~ swam mi\. CA :: 3Q » . ‘ 63 4 - «36 ‘a : OM v; o 3 0 6 9; (in + )m l (0M (b) { 6 points) Find the eigenvalues of A and the corresponding eigenvectors. . J 0‘ in: 0H 2 =0 <=—> az~h-’5D+9‘f:0 .« 0. IA a 3 {213.com (an) {2-0.3}:0 :> 34 ,2‘0'3 1:1: ~06 .m ~=> ti? Fl 06 «ow; . 4' \ 9:064 0‘ o'fivhma Cd’é?‘ g V" W 3 0:; o- Math 2602 Mi/M2 Test3 April 19, 2007 4 (c) (4 points) Compute A" by using diagonalization. “ 1/71— V4" \ \ o _, “L _}_ A l: p3); ~] 1 Dixo 0-3] “> V ‘ 7-[6 q )7} 4/? fl ’\ 1 It! Anz‘fl)? : t l][‘ O at fix 3“ taen“ %¢ )4 J [‘1 i \V} V} n v ghigo’s) % -%Lo.3)1 , 3 '\ 71km) JAG”) * %‘%(03)n %_%®3) - (d) (5’ points) Express x(10), the distribution of votes in the 10th election, as a product. Do not compute! m — -- — X 0} ><(\o\= Mm : Azx(8\- , - A ( l A m; : —%r%(03)\0 %,%(0.3)° 20 \ ‘ b 3 i 03 ‘° 60 «*L %»§@3) 3-}(_> (e) (3 points) What should be the number (in million) of people who voted republican and the number (in million) of people who voted democrat in the last election so that the numbers can not Change in every successive election ‘? (Hint: find the steady state vector p for A, then express your answer in million suitably) V s ~ «A k , if: 6W] tort/3 our J ’3» Li team it is He “twine Mai/EAJUJTV v» [3] Cd(%‘»n&\(( \‘0 flip/tqu i, nms~wi 34e:?%wmfi“ Etc“: 60. «(Mien A/[ath 2602 Nil/M2 Test3 April 19, 2007 Problem#4 ( 6 points, bonus) Consider the following system of equations 3:5 — y + a2 : 1 —6x ~ 2y + (2a+1)z : 3 92: — 33/ + (4~a)z : 5—!) For which values of a and I) does this system have (a) (2 points) no solution ? (b) ( points) infinitely many solutions 7 (C) (2 points) a unique solution 7 gut HQ 3 ~\ C\ 3 i \ 0L )\ \ 9 ~ QGH -4 #52 84H 3 3 H2 O L‘ [rm «3% 3’5 2‘3 00% Cl :Hflrtfl {3wa West § ill a:\ oan Li‘fl 3 “Wm V10 Sg‘mh‘q‘ 5 \ukim lg aafl MA balk ) m MWTNL D t \n .w' mm 52:: MM: 1 “31— Max 539K) Wm \gxikibg EL K4) 4:4 , ‘94:2~ (KL—l a ‘7: 2 ...
View Full Document

Page1 / 6

Exam 03 - Math 2602 M1/M2 Test3 April 19, 2007 1 Math 2602...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 6. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online