Final08 - If he's glum today there's a 50 chance he'll be...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Exercise 8 On any given day, Tom is either cheerful, so-so, or glum. If he's cheerful today, there's a 50% chance that he'll be cheerful tomorrow and a 10% chance he'll be glum. If he's so-so today, there's a 40% chance he'll be so-so tomorrow and a 30% chance he'll be cheerful.
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: If he's glum today, there's a 50% chance he'll be glum tomorrow and a 30% chance he'll be so-so. Draw a network representation of this Markov chain and then determine the transition probability matrix. P := 0.50 0.40 0.10 0.30 0.40 0.30 0.20 0.30 0.50...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 05/12/2010 for the course ESI 6321 taught by Professor Josephgeunes during the Spring '07 term at University of Florida.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online