{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

kr09-1 - Knowledge-Based Control Systems(SC4081 Lecture 1...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Knowledge-Based Control Systems (SC4081) Lecture 1: Introduction Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Delft University of Technology The Netherlands e-mail: [email protected] http://www.dcsc.tudelft.nl/˜rbabuska tel: 015-27 85117 Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft 1 Lecture Outline 1. General information about the course 2. Conventional control – a refresher 3. Intelligent control 4. Introduction to fuzzy sets Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft 2 Knowledge-Based Control Systems (SC4081) Lecturers: R. Babuˇ ska, H. Hellendoorn, J. van Ast Assistant: Lucian Busoniu Lectures: (10 lectures = 20 hours) = 4 ECTS credits Monday (13:45 – 15:30) in lecture room D, Aula Wednesday (13:45 – 15:30) in lecture room D, 3mE no lectures in the week February 22 – 28, 2010 Examinations: (check yourself the dates and times!): dates not yet known Exam constitutes 60% of the final grade, remaining 40% are two assignments: literature and Matlab assignment Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft 3 Matlab Assignment Objectives: Get additional insight through Matlab implementation. Apply the tools to practical (simulated) problems. The assignment consists of three problems: fuzzy systems, fuzzy control and neural networks modeling. Work in groups of two students, more information later. Will be handed out on March 1, 2010, report deadline April 5, 2010 Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft 4
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Literature Assignment Objectives: gain knowledge on recent research results through literature research learn to effectively use available search engines write a concise paper summarizing the findings present the results in a conference-like presentation Deadline paper and presentations – March 12, 2010, 8:45 – 15:30 Work in groups of four students. Choose subject via Blackboard SC4081 Literature assignment – Do it this week! Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft 5 Goals and Content of the Course knowledge-based and intelligent control systems 1. Introduction to intelligent control 2. Fuzzy sets and systems 3. Data analysis and system identification 4. Knowledge based fuzzy control 5. Artificial neural networks 6. Control based on fuzzy and neural models 7. Reinforcement learning control 8. Swarm intelligence 9. Applications Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft 6 Course Material Sc4080 Knowledge-Based Control Systems Lecture Notes October 2003 Robert Babuska Lecture notes: Robert Babuˇ ska: Knowledge-Based Control Systems . TU Delft, 2010 (available from NextPrint) Items available for download at: www.dcsc.tudelft.nl/˜SC4081 Transparencies as PS and PDF files Demos, examples, assignments with Matlab/Simulink Blackboard Robert Babuˇ ska Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft 7 Where to run Matlab At your home PC: Matlab Classroom Kit (you can download it from Blackboard).
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern