This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: nications
• Integrated Marketing Communications The concept under which a company carefully integrates and coordinates its many communications channels to deliver a clear, consistent, and compelling message about the organization and its products. IMC implementation often requires the hiring of a MarCom manager.
15 8 • Communications efforts should be viewed from the perspective of managing customer relationships over time. • The communication process begins with an audit of all potential contacts. • Effective communication requires knowledge of how communication works. The Communication Process 15 9 The Communication Process
Elements in the Communication Process • Sender • Message • Media • Receiver • Noise • Encoding • Decoding • Response • Feedback
15 10 Developing Effective Communication
• Step 1: Identifying the Target Audience Affects decisions related to what, how, when, and where message will be said, as well as who will say it • Step 2: Determining Communication Objectives Six buyer readiness stages
15 11 Developing Effective Communication
BuyerReadiness Stages • Awareness • Knowledge • Liking • Preference • Conviction • Purchase
15 12 Developing Effective Communication
• Step 3: Designing a Message AIDA framework guides message design Message content contains appeals or themes designed to produce desired results Rational appeals Emotional appeals Moral appeals – Love, pride, joy, humor, fear, guilt, shame
15 13 Developing Effective Communication
• Step 3: Designing a Message Whether or not to draw a conclusion Onesided vs. twosided argument Order of argument presentation Message Structure: Key decisions are required with respect to three message structure issues: Message Format: Design, layout, copy, color, shape, movement, words, sounds, voice, body language, dress, etc.
15 14 Developing Effective Communication
• Step 4: Choosing Media Personal communication channels Includes facetoface, phone, mail, and Nonpersonal communication channels Includes media, atmosphere, and events Internet chat communications Wordofmouth influence is often critical Buzz marketing cultivates opinion leaders 15 15 • Step 5: Selecting the Message Source Developing Effective Communication Highly credible sources are more persuasive A poor spokesperson can tarnish a brand...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 06/28/2010 for the course MKTG 00HP01 taught by Professor Himanshu during the Spring '10 term at Indiana Institute of Technology.
- Spring '10