{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Truth was she and my mother never got along a pickup

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: ppetite. - --- The State's second witness was one of Rhoda's sisters from Missouri. Her name was Ginger McClure, and I had talked to her several times after the murder. When she realized I had gone to school at Syracuse and was not a native of Ford County, she had thawed somewhat. She had reluctantly sent me a photo for the obituary. Later, she had called and asked if I could send her copies of theTimes when it mentioned Rhoda's case. She expressed frustration in getting details from the District Attorney's office. Ginger was a slim redhead, very attractive and well dressed, and when she settled into the witness chair she had everyone's attention. According to Baggy, someone from the victim's family always testified. Death became real when the loved ones took the stand and looked at the jurors. Ernie wanted Ginger to be viewed by the jury and arouse their sympathy. He also wanted to remind the jury that the mother of two small children had been taken from them in a premeditated murder. Her testimony was brief. Wisely, Lucien Wilbanks had no questions on cross-examination. When she was excused, she walked to a reserved chair behind the bar, near the seat of Ernie Gaddis, and assumed the position as representative of the family. Her every move was watched until the next witness was called. Then it was back to the gore. A forensic pathologist from the state crime lab was called to discuss the autopsy. Though he had plenty of photos, none were used. None were needed. In layman's terms, her Generated by ABC Amber LIT Converter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html cause of death was obvious—a loss of blood. There was a four-inch gash beginning just below her left ear and running almost straight down. It was almost two inches deep, and, in his opinion, and he'd seen many knife wounds, it was caused by a rapid and powerful thrust from a blade that was approximately six inches long and an inch wide. The person using the knife was, more than likely, right-handed. The gash cut comple...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online