exam1.pdf - Quiz Submissions Exam 1 Yahni Pedigree(username...

This preview shows page 1 - 3 out of 6 pages.

Quiz Submissions - Exam 1Yahni Pedigree (username: smcgruder3)Attempt 1Written: Feb 6, 2020 9:11 PM - Feb 6, 2020 11:53 PMSubmission ViewQuestion 12.5 / 2.5 pointsApproximately 99 percent of the European immigrants of thelate nineteenth and early twentieth centuries came through the immigrationprocess successfully, while the other 1 percent was turned awayon a variety of political, social, and physical criteria. In contrast,even before the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act __________of the Chinese were excluded.Question 22.5 / 2.5 pointsFrom 1840 to 1860 more than four million individualsimmigrated. The greatest cause for concern among Americans wasthe arrival of poor peasants and artisans, especially from Irelandand the German states, many of whom were ___________________ .Question 32.5 / 2.5 pointsThe Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 was not repealed until the____________ , when China and the United States were allies in the struggle against Japan,and Chinese exclusion, an effective point in Japanese propaganda,had become a national embarrassment.Question 42.5 / 2.5 pointsThe 1965 immigration law passed both houses of one of the most socialdemocratic Congresses in history by overwhelming majorities, 76to 18 in the Senate and 326 to 69 in the House of Representatives.The law, which took effect in 1968, changed the principleunderlying admissions. What did this act abolish and change as a selection principle?Question 52.5 / 2.5 pointsWhat does Xenophobia mean?Question 62.5 / 2.5 pointsWhat does President Trump want to build at the Southern Border?Question 72.5 / 2.5 pointsWhat was the immigration policy placed into law in 1882?Question 80 / 2.5 pointsYour quiz has been submitted successfully.a) One quarterb) Halfc) Three quartersd) None of the abovea) Muslimb) Jewishc) Roman Catholicd) Mormansa) McKinney Act of 1945b) Kennedy Act of 1940c) Magnuson Act of 1943d) None of the abovea) The Chinese Exclusion Actb) The temporary migrant programc) Visasd) It abolished national-origins quotas (from the Acts of 1921 and 1924) and removed all reference to race as a selection principle.
The formation of ethnic neighborhoods (enclaves) by immigrants in American cities...

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture