{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}


CampusAlcoholicBeveragePolicy - event 4 Alcoholic beverages...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
POLICIES PERTAINING TO THE USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON CAMPUS The following procedures are to be observed whenever alcoholic beverages are served on campus at events where faculty, students, and/or staff are in attendance. 1. The event shall be sponsored by a Unit or Department of the University. 2. Use of the particular facility involved shall be approved by the office(s) having usual responsibility for that facility. 3. State law prohibits the unlicensed sale of alcoholic beverages. The campus has been advised by the State Department of Alcoholic Beverages Control that this prohibition precludes the charge of admission for any event at which alcoholic beverages are served or otherwise provided. Therefore, unless a valid permit has been obtained, alcoholic beverages shall not be sold either directly or indirectly by some mechanism such as the exchange of tickets which have been purchased or by the use of funds derived from admission charges, dues, donations, or other payments collected in connection with admission to the
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: event. 4. Alcoholic beverages shall not be purchased from State Registration Fee appropriations. 5. The sponsor of the event shall establish controls which will ensure that all persons present in the area where alcoholic beverages are served and consumed are at least 21 years of age. 6. The event shall be open to a prescribed group only. 7. The sponsor of any such event or his/her designee shall be present at the event and shall be responsible for the maintenance of proper decorum and compliance with law and relevant University and campus regulations. Forms to be used for the notification of special events at which alcoholic beverages are to be served may be obtained from the Special Events Coordinator, University of California Police Department, Berkeley, 1 Sproul Hall, Room 17. Please call the Coordinator at 642-0795 if you have any questions. Completed forms must be submitted to the Coordinator at least seven (7) working days before the event....
View Full Document

  • Fall '10
  • pederson
  • Alcoholic beverage, alcoholic beverages, University of California, Berkeley, State Department of Alcoholic Beverages

{[ snackBarMessage ]}