Ex2 - THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS AND ACTUARIAL SCIENCE STAT 1306 INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS Sem 1 2008 / 2009 EXAMPLE CLASS 2 1. A box contains 6 white and 4 black marbles. Five marbles are selected at random. What is the probability that three are white and two are black? 2. At a shoe factory, it is known from past experience that the probability that a worker who has attended the factory’s training program will meet the production quota is 0.82 and the corresponding probability is 0.53 for a worker who has not attended the factory’s training program. If 60% of the workers attend the factory’s training program, what is the probability that a worker who meets the production quota will have attended the training program? 1
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
3. Police records in a certain city show that 70% of all homicides are committed by acquaintances of the victim (and the remaining 30% by strangers). Murders by acquaintances are done with guns in 40% of cases, with knives or fists in 50% of the cases, and by chemicals (poisons) in
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 4

Ex2 - THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online