99_fall_final

99_fall_final - ELEC151 --- Final Examination Open Note of...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: ELEC151 --- Final Examination Open Note of One A4 Sheet Name and Student Number Write down your name and student number on the answer bookiet. State Reduction (15%) Given a state transition diagsem below. use implication chart to determine and draw the fuliy reduced state transition diagram. Present Next State Output State X=0 X=1 Xeo X=1 A C E 0 0 B H G 0 1 C B A 0 O D E H 1 0 E E C 0 O F H D 0 1 G A H 1 0 H D F 0 1 State Aesignment (15%) Given the state transition table of a Meaty machine below. a). b}. Do the state assignment by minimum bit change heuristic. How many bit_ changes are there for all transitions? (5%) Do the state assignment by state assignment guidelines. How many literals and equivalent gate counts are in the nextvstate functions if the finite state machine is implemented by D flip-flops? (10%) Present Next State Output State - X=O X=1 X=0 X=l A A D 0 0 B A D 0 1 C B C 0 0 D A C O D Vending Machine {20%) A vending machine will deliver a package of gum when 20 cents are deposited. The machine has a single-coin slot for [rickets [5 cents) and dimes (10 cents). The machine cannot produce any change. But if 25 cents were deposited, it will credit the buyer with 5 cents and wait for the buyer to make the second purchase. a}. b). 0). Draw a minimized state transition diagram in Moore machine. (5%) Draw a minimized state transition diagram in Meatyr machine. (5%) Do the state assignment in order (00 or [100 tor “0 cent” , 01 or 001 for “5 cents” , 10 or 010 for “ 10 cents” , etc.) and implement this vending machine by T flip—flops. Write down only the next-state and output tunctions. (10%] (Either a Moore or Meaty machine can do} ELE0151 Final Exam. 16-Dec-1999, 1K2 Seguence Detector (15%) Design a sequence detector which investigates an input sequence X and produces an output 2 = 1 for any input sequence ending with "0010". Use T flip- fiop for the first state [01) and J-K flip-flop tor the second state (00) to implement the detector in Meaty machine and show the following: a). Minimized state diagram (5%) b). State assignment (5%) (The best assignment gets 5, the second gets 3 and others get 1} c). Next-state and output logic iunctions (5%) Digital Combinational Look (15%) Design a 2-bit seriai digital combinationai lock. The lock has a RESET button, an ENTER button, and a two-position switch to represent the key value being entered. The RESET button is for initial start Up. The input sequence is 1) the first key vatue, 2) ENTER, 3) the second key vaiue. and 4) ENTER. If all two key values are correct, the UNLOCK signal is asserted. Otherwise. an ERROR signal is asserted. lmpiement this combinational look by Meaty machine with D flip-flops. 51). Draw a state transition diagram. {5%} b). Draw a circuit schematic and briefly explain. (10%) (Any circuit that can serve the specification is fine) Reverse Engineering [20%) Given a Mealy machine belowI draw its complete state transition diagram. ELEC151 Final Exam. 16-Dec-1999, 2 f2 ...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 09/16/2010 for the course ELEC 151 taught by Professor Cy during the Spring '10 term at HKUST.

Page1 / 2

99_fall_final - ELEC151 --- Final Examination Open Note of...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online