Unformatted text preview: r, G. J., &
Higgs, A. C. (1993). Relations between
work group characteristics and effectiveness: Implications for designing
effective work groups. Personnel
Psychology, 46, 823–850.
55. Dumaine, B. (1990, May 7). Who
needs a boss? Fortune, 52–60.
56. Wall, T. D., Kemp, N. J., Jackson, P.
R., & Clegg, C. W. (1986). Outcomes
of autonomous workgroups: A field
experiment. Academy of Management
Journal, 29, 280–304, p. 283.
57. Parts of this section rely on Hackman,
58. See Ashforth, B. E., & Mael, F. (1989).
Social identity theory and the organization. Academy of Management Review,
59. Treece, J. (1990, April 9). Here comes
GM’s Saturn. Business Week, 56–62.
60. Wall et al., 1986; Cordery, J. L.,
Mueller, W. S., & Smith, L. M. (1991).
Attitudinal and behavioral effects of
autonomous group working: A longitudinal field study. Academy of
Management Journal, 34, 264–276.
61. Hayward, D. (2003, May 20).
Management through measurement.
View Full Document