Unformatted text preview: sfaction: A core evaluations approach. In
B. M. Staw & L. L. Cummings (Eds.),
Research in organizational behavior,
(Vol.19, pp.151–188). Greenwich, CT:
41. Day, N. (1998, June). Informal learning
gets results. Workforce, pp. 31–35.
42. Pfeffer, J. (1994). Competitive advantage through people: Unleashing the
power of the work force. Boston, MA:
Harvard Business School Press.
43. Pfeffer, 1994.
44. Luthans, F., & Kreitner, R. (1975).
Organizational behavior modification.
Glenview, IL: Scott, Foresman.
45. However, more research is necessary to
establish the extent of this in organizations. See Arvey, R. D., & Ivancevich,
J. M. (1980). Punishment in organizations: A review, propositions, and
research suggestions. Academy of
Management Review, 5, 123–132.
46. Punishment in front of others can be
effective under restricted conditions.
See Trevino, L. K. (1992). The social
effects of punishment in organizations:
A justice perspective. Academy of
View Full Document