This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: . Sociology,
42. Gillsepie, D. F., & Mileti, D. S. (1977).
Technology and the study of organizations: An overview and appraisal.
Academy of Management Review, 2,
7–16; Rousseau, 1979.
43. Perrow, C. A. (1967). A framework for
the comparative analysis of organizations. American Sociological Review,
44. Thompson, J. D. (1967). Organizations
in action. New York: McGraw-Hill.
45. Thompson, 1967, p. 17.
46. Miller, C. C., Glick, W. H., Wang, Y.
D., & Huber, G. P. (1991).
relationships: Theory development and
meta-analytic theory testing. Academy
of Management Journal, 34, 370–399.
For information on measurement, see
Withey, M., Daft, R. L., & Cooper, W.
H. (1983). Measures of Perrow’s work
unit technology: An empirical assessment and a new scale. Academy of
Management Journal, 26, 45–63.
47. Cheng, J. L. C. (1983). Interdependence
and coordination in organizations: A
role-system analysis. Academy of
Management Journal, 26,...
View Full Document