Unformatted text preview: pter 8
1. Excerpted with minor editing from
Ramstad, E. (1998, September 21).
How Trilogy Software trains its new
recruits to be risk takers. Wall Street
Journal, pp. A1, A10.
2. See Morrison, E. W. (1993). Newcomer
information seeking: Exploring types,
modes, sources, and outcomes.
Academy of Management Journal, 36,
3. The terms information dependence and
effect dependence are used by Jones, E.
E., & Gerard, H. B. (1967).
Foundations of social psychology. New
4. Festinger, L. (1954). A theory of social
comparison processes. Human
Relations, 7, 117–140; Thomas, J., &
Griffin, R. (1983). The social information processing model of task design: A
review of the literature. Academy of
Management Review, 8, 672–682.
5. Kelman, H. C. (1961). Processes of
opinion change. Public Opinion
Quarterly, 25, 57–78.
6. Saks, A. M., & Ashforth, B. E. (1997).
A longitudinal investigation of the relationships between job information
sources, applicant perceptions of fit,
and work outcomes. Personnel
Psychology, 50, 395–426....
View Full Document