Unformatted text preview: INTEREST INVENTORY NAME
1. How much time do you spend helping your 18. What pets would you like to have?
2. How much time do you spend helping 19. Do you listen to the radio?
other members of your family? 20. Would you like to listen more?
21. Name your favorite programs
3. Would you like to spend more time 22. Do you watch TV?
helping? 23. Name your favorite show
4. What work do you do for other people? 24. Have you made a special study of:-
birds ____ stars ____ trees ____
5. When do you work? butterflies _~___ animals ____
6. Would you like to spend more time rocks ____ shells flowers ____
working? ‘ 25. Which of the above would you like to
7. What games do you play most often? know more about?
26. Check the kind of reading you enjoy most:
8. What games would you like to play poems ____ stories ____
more often or learn to play? funnies ____ true stories ____
27. Check how you like to read the most:
9. Do you go to the movies? orally ____ silently ____
How often? 28. What do you like to read about the most?
10. Would you like to go to the movies animals ___~ knights ____ fairies ____
more often? birds ____ inventions ____ school ____
11. Name the movies you like best: automobiles ____ adventure ____
farmers ____ pioneers ____ indians ____
12. Check the places you have been: people of other lands ____ airplanes ____
a farm ____ a zoo ____ picnics ____ 29. Name the best book you have ever read:
fairs ____ church lakes ____
a museum ___ a circus ___ beaches ___ 30. Name some fun books you have read
mountains ____ a library ____ recently
13. Do you do any gardening? 31. How many books do you own?
14. Would you like more time for 32. Would you like to own more?
gardening? 33. Do you read the newspaper?
15. What do you make or build for your ' sometimes never what sections?
own fun? 34. What magazines do you read?
. 16. What-would you like to learn how to 35. Which are your favorites?
build or make? 36. Which would you like to read that you
17. Do you have any pets? don‘t read now? ' 37. If you were to write a book, what would
'” it be about? UCSB Reading Clinic ...
View Full Document
- Spring '09