Additional problems on ROP and SS as PDF

Additional problems on ROP and SS as PDF - Questions on...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Questions on R.O.P. and S.S. 1. If the Safety Stock is 5 units and the average demand during lead time is 22 units, then the R.O.P. is? 2. If the probability of a stock out is 0.05, then the service level is? 3. If the average demand during lead time is 35 units, the probability that the demand will be greater than 33 units is 0.03, and management desires a service level of 97%, then the R.O.P. is? 4. If the R.O.P. is set at 28 units and the safety stock is 4 units, while the probability of a stock out must not exceed 5%, then the average demand during lead time is?
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
SOLUTIONS 1 If the Safety Stock is 5 units and the average demand during lead time is 22 units, then the R.O.P. is? R.O.P. = ( Average Demand during lead time ) + ( Safety Stock ) = ( 22 ) + ( 5 ) = 27 2. If the probability of a stock out is 0.05, then the service level is? Service Level = 1.0 Probability of a stock Out = 1.0 0.05 = 0.95 i.e. 95% 3. If the average demand during lead time is 35 units, the probability that the demand will be greater than 33 units is 0.03, and management desires a service level of 97%, then the R.O.P. is? Service Level of 97% means Probability of a stock out is 3% or 0.03
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 5

Additional problems on ROP and SS as PDF - Questions on...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online