This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 課程大綱及進度表
課程名稱 Introduction to Materials Science （英文）
課程碼 E511200 分班碼 2 先修科目
學分數 3 學分 開課教師 黃啟祥
e-mail [email protected] 電話 2757575 ext. 62940 Office Every Monday 09:00 – 11:00 Hours 課程概述 Introduce fundamental concepts in MSE.
Introduce the relationships that exist between the
structures and properties of Materials (metal, polymer and
ceramics). On the basis of those structure property
correlations, designing or engineering the structure of a
material to produce a predetermined set of properties. 教學目標 • Use the right material for the job.
• Understand the relation between properties,
structure and processing.
• Recognize new design opportunities offered by materials selection. 授課課程
大綱明細 參考書目 1. Introduction (3h)
2. Atomic Structure and Interatomic Bonding (1h)
3. The Structure of Crystalline Solids (4h)
4. Imperfections in Solids (3h)
5. Diffusion (3h)
6. Mechanical Properties of Metals (4h )
7. Dislocations and Strengthening Mechanisms (3h)
8. Failure (3h )
9. Phase Diagrams (5h)
10. Phase Transformations: Development of Microstructure and
Alteration of Mechanical Properties (5h)
11. Applications and Processing of Metal Alloys (4h )
12. Structures and Properties of Ceramics (3h)
13. Applications and Processing of Ceramics (2h)
14. Polymer Structures (3h)
15. Applications and Processing of Polymers (2h)
“ Materials Science and Engineering”, Eight Edition, By William D.
Callister & David G.. Rethwisch, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (2011)
1. “Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction “, Wiley
Asia Student Edition (Seven Edition), by William D. Callister,
2. “Foundations of Materials Science and Engineering”, Third
Edition, by William F. Smith, McGraw-Hill (2004)
3. “Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering “, Sixth
Edition, by James F. Shackelford, Pearson Prentice Hall (2005).
4. “Fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering, An
Integrated Approach”, Third Edition, By William D. Callister, Jr.
& David G. Rethwisch (2008) 課程要求 準時出席上課
溫復習上課內容 並按時交作頁 評量方式 Four writing Examination 80% Quizzes + Class attendance 10%
Homework 10% 課程網址
助教資訊 陳科宏, 材料系配電室 201 室, Tel: 2757575 ext.62965 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 10/17/2010 for the course MSE 52 taught by Professor Yo during the Spring '10 term at Acadia.
- Spring '10