33. Out of 10 white, 9 black and 7 red balls, in how many ways can we select one or
(a) 234(b) 52(c) 630(d) 879Ans. (d)
34. A and B throw a dice. The probability that A's throw is not greater than B's is
(a) 5/12(b) 7/12(c) 11/12(d) 5/36Ans. (b)
35. Given two numbers a and b. Let A denote the single AM between these and S denote
the sum of n AMs
between them. Then S/A depends upon
(a) n(b) n,a(c) n,b(d) n,a,bAns. (a)
36. If the sum of the roots of the equation ax²+bx+c=0 is equal to the sum of the squares
of their reciprocals,
then, a/c, b/a, c/b are in
(a) AP(b) GP(c) HP(d) None of the theseAns. (c)
In the following questions ~ represents the integral sign-for eg. 1~2[f(x)] means
integration of the function f(x) over the interval 1 to2.
37. Value of -1~2[|2-x²|]dx, ie integration of the function |2-x²| over the interval -1 to 2.
(a) 0(b) 1(c) 2(d) None of the aboveAns. (d)
38. If 0~P[log sinx]dx=k,then the value of 0~P/4[log(1 + tan x)]dx ,where P stands for
(a) -k/4(b) k/4(c) -k/8(d) k/8Ans. (c)
39. If a,b,c be in GP and p,q be respectively AM between a,b and b,c then
(a) 2/b=1/p+1/q(b) 2/b=1/p-1/q(c) 2=a/p-c/q(d) None of the aboveAns. (a)
40. A solution of KMnO4 is reduced to MnO2 .The normality of solution is 0.6.The
(a) 1.8M(b) 0.6M(c) 0.1M(d) 0.2MAns. (d)
The questions 41-46 are based on the following pattern.The problems below contain a
question and two statements giving certain data. You have to decide whether the data
given in the statements are sufficient for answering the questions.The correct answer is
(A) If statement (I) alone is sufficient but statement (II) alone is not sufficient.
(B) If statement(II) alone is sufficient but statement(I) alone is not sufficient.
(C) If both statements together are sufficient but neither of statements alone is sufficient.
(D) If both together are not sufficient.
41. What is John's age?
(I) In 15 years John will be twice as old as Dias would be(II) Dias was born 5 years ago
42. What is the distance from city A to city C in kms?
(I) City A is 90 kms from City B (II) City B is 30 kms from City CAns. (D)
43.Is A=C ? A,B,C are real numbers
(I) A-B=B-C(II) A-2C = C-2BAns. (C)
44. What is the 30th term of a given sequence ?
(I) The first two terms of the sequence are 1,1/2(II) The common difference is -1/2ns. (A)
45.Was Avinash early, on time or late for work?
(I) He thought his watch was 10 minutes fast(II) Actually his watch was 5 minutes slow
46. What is the value of A if A is an integer?
(I) A4 = 1(II) A3 + 1 = 0Ans. (B)