Sci275_Water Resource Plan

Sci275_Water Resource Plan - I chose Part A of this...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
I chose Part A of this assignment. I feel the water resource problem here is overfishing. In the video “Declining Fish Stock VLR,” the fisher men Pete Dupuis talks about fishing boats, and who he believes there is no problem. Pete Dupuis claims that he is catching more fish then ever. However, I beg to differ. Based on the studies fish fleets have taken about 90% of big fish out of the ocean. The remaining 10 % is what the fishermen fight/ compete for. It is reported that over fishing is more toxic then human dumping, other pollution, and damaging water quality. Dupuis says his fishing boat can carry roughly 20,000 pounds of Sword fish (estimated couple hundred fish.) Jeremy Jackson of the Scripps Institute of Oceanography also disagrees with Pete Dupuis statement. Jackson brings up valid points. Jackson feels fishermen can not continue to fish at such a high rate without consequence. However, he feels the damage is reversal. The biggest problem is fishermen like Pete Dupuis goes for the big fish, the
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 10/25/2010 for the course AXIA SCI275 taught by Professor N/a during the Spring '10 term at University of Phoenix.

Page1 / 2

Sci275_Water Resource Plan - I chose Part A of this...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online