cs2050-01-2050-F09

cs2050-01-2050-F09 - CS-2050 People You Should Know Prof....

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–7. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
CS-2050 People You Should Know Prof. Jeffrey Uhlmann - EBW Room 327, 884-2129 Office hours: 11am-noon TR (also available most other times) TAs : Anoop Peng i Yi TA office hours: Thursday 1-3pm or by appointment TA contact info: 242 EBW, umcEngrCS2050ta@missouri.edu 882-8235 Course Web Page: http://babbage.cs.missouri.edu/~cs2050
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Main Text : Data Structures & Other Objects Using Java, by Main Supplement : Practical Debugging in Java ther sources of information Other sources of information : There are many other textbooks that provide good explanations of the topics covered in this course. ou may also want to look at material on the internet for You may also want to look at material on the internet for alternative explanations of course concepts.
Background image of page 2
Exams and programming projects : There will be two exams plus a final (equal in weight two regular exams). to two regular exams). Exams will constitute 55% of total course points, and labs nd assignments will constitute 45% of total points and assignments will constitute 45% of total points. Final Grade Formula : 90% or more of total points, or total points in the top 10% of class will receive an A. The same will be true for all other 10% grade brackets, so omeone with less than 60% of total points in the bottom someone with less than 60% of total points in the bottom 60% of the class may fail. However, the instructor reserves the right to lower the bottoms of different grade brackets.
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Exams and programming projects (cont’d) : Exams will be multiple-choice, usually with 20-25 questions. xam dates will be announced in lecture and posted on the Exam dates will be announced in lecture and posted on the course web page. The key for each exam will be posted immediately after the test. There will be no makeup exams. The programming assignments will be posted in the form f a program specification that describes what is expected, of a program specification that describes what is expected, how it will be graded, and when it will be graded. uestions about an assignment should be asked during the Questions about an assignment should be asked during the lab periods. Appointments can be made for answering specific questions about concepts or about administrative issues with regard to grading.
Background image of page 4
What to Expect from TAs 1. All assignments should be graded consistently and irly TAs should provide explanations for any fairly. TAs should provide explanations for any point deductions. 2. Programs should be graded in a timely fashion. Every assignment should include a grade-by date by which they will be returned. y 3. All assignments should include the grading criteria. 4. Questions about deductions should be addressed to the TAs first. If you are not satisfied with their response, come and see me.
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
What TAs Should Expect from Students General questions should be asked during the lab periods 1. General questions should be asked during the lab periods whenever possible. Only questions that are very specific to a student or his/her program should be asked during office hours or by email.
Background image of page 6
Image of page 7
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 42

cs2050-01-2050-F09 - CS-2050 People You Should Know Prof....

This preview shows document pages 1 - 7. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online