ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR 10.27.08

ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR 10.27.08 - ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
INTRODUCTION What makes us who we are? What determines our performance? What determines our ability to work with others? What determines our happiness? Even our styles and values are related to something as fundamental as our genetics Genetics - Have impact on how you look which inFuences our social abilities and how people view us Disposition - an energy level -Some babies are calm and gentle and they tend to be the same way as an adult IQ - 80% genetic; remaining 20% comes from gestational nutrition and early visual stimulation Genetics, disposition + IQ lead to personality -±ixed by the time you are 21 years old Motives - Change over the course of your lifespan; don ʼ t change over night Values - What ʼ s important to you; your priorities -Terminal values- Happiness -Processed values- ±airness Style - We have a lot of control over style (Ex. Looking people in the eye, using your hands when you speak) Knowledge INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT (IQ)- Cognitive problem solving ability that is a function of genetics and early developmental experience that is normally distributed (the “bell
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 3

ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR 10.27.08 - ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online