This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: on. It It is a nonprobability sampling technique. Advantage Advantage: It is a relatively easy way of selecting a sample. Di Disadvantage: The quality of the sample results Th lit depends depends on the judgment of the person selecting the sample. Example Example: A reporter might sample three or four senators, judging them as reflecting the general opinion of the senate. Slide 33 33 11 Empirical Analysis
All All above lead to “Empirical” Analysis • Using data • Determine quantitative relationships among variables Steps of Empirical Analysis follow Steps of Empirical Analysis follow • NOTE: modified for regression analysis Slide 34 Empirical Analysis Steps
• Step #1: Formulate Model • Many sources
– Theory – Experiences – Logic • Dependent variable (DV)
– Want to explain its behavior • Independent variable (IV)
– Influence/cause behavior of DV Example: Example: Does market size influence profit? Slide 35 Step #1 Formulate Model
• Step #1 example: Does market size influence profit? • PROFIT • MKTSIZE (market size) • PROFIT...
View Full Document
- Spring '08