BMGT488B - Alessandra Farnum BMGT488B November 2, 2010...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Alessandra Farnum BMGT488B November 2, 2010 Midterm 1 I am the lead singer and guitarist of a new wave Indie band called “In the Corner.” I like to draw musical inspirations from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Panjabi MC, MIA, and MGMT are artists comparable to the sounds I provide. Being the lead vocalist and guitarist can be very exhausting, however I have dedicated myself to leading this band to greatness. “In the Corner” has just signed with Broken Records. The contract has benefited the 3 individuals in the band. Management will acquire 15%, tour managers will receive 10%, and promoters will receive 5%. Also, Broken Records will receive 80%. Being the face and front-runner of the group we came to the conclusion that I receive 55% of profits between the band members and the other 2 split the remaining 45% after other deductions. Before signing with the Record Label, the band and I were booking gigs in small venues with little room to grow. After being discovered at the Malibu Inn in Malibu, California, our careers officially
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 11/16/2010 for the course BMGT 488B taught by Professor Williammcclenahan during the Spring '10 term at Maryland.

Page1 / 3

BMGT488B - Alessandra Farnum BMGT488B November 2, 2010...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online