ACTSC-372-1051-Test1_exam

ACTSC-372-1051-Test1_exam - E g: 23, 3 the certainty...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–5. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 4
Background image of page 5
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: E g: 23, 3 the certainty equivaleth a} gamblgregrgsent? 11L. Actsc 3?? Test #1‘0 - WENTER 2005 (90 minutes) 5 Questions, 6 marks each Marks: 7 #2. Determine if the fefiowing statement is TRUE pr FALSE. State your reason. 7 “up” >mAW-Awnvr 7’ > I v a: :1, a ' r 1/“: ‘ a utility functions of the form u(w) ' i ’ ' exhibit decreasing absolute »_-- v ~ ~ risk aversion. «- M l" .. ‘ ‘ .,,..,_‘_,.._A, M . W__,...,,._.g “7., , ., ~ -w. ,4w-_w 3. Suppose that when a decision maker is given the foliewéng ate/e gambfies A 3, he ,1 chooses gamble A (Le. he prefers gamble A to gamble B) 5:: A: Winning $3000 with certainty, or A 1' "f"ff"’“"»’"”B: A 80% chance of Winning $4000 (and a 20% chance of Winning nothing) The same decision maker is then asked to choose between gambles C and D: 54‘ r * 05% chance Winning$3000 (and a 75% chance of Wiflning nothing), or nee“ {ginning $4000 (and e 80% chance of Winning nothing) w EEE¥§WGB~makeris then said to have viclated ---/e£$he-yen»NemgmréMeygensfiexnaxioms. Explain in detaiis Why. (Notexzhayehere is ofiéiétencjf“§ii§ée‘E[A] <.E[B} While ’3; < ;_ . ‘ 1f:hé”éhoo$¢§:gg «5 "7119:. ' 3 "‘ ‘ 'A 7'." :1: “U;- 3ft? .r‘ Justin: 4 4. A decision maker’s fitiiify' fuziction is given by = ~e'0‘003w, 'w > 0. The decisien . maker has an iniiial wealth of we, = 1, OOOandfaces a randomioss X with aipniiarm 7V‘W'"‘m«'faist?i§iiii5fiBE».‘ 'What is the maximum premium this decision iéay H for an insurance that pays half of any loss during thé‘n‘ext’périod? List-Q .éity fi.e;_’xiiibited'by iziglgfaverse ingiiyigiual with an exponential utility fuzip‘gigii. : 7 .- 0 5. An individual, with initial weeflth level we, is facing a random loss 12v. X that has an , expected loss E(X) = ,u. Suppose H is the minimum (loaded) premium an insurance company IS ‘éfiéi’gifig to completely insure the 1055 X ; 3.9., H=(vl+c)u>+d, c>0,d>0. V I Show that a ris - w’gfsral infijyidual nggtflnsurgggémgt 5117923953. ...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 11/18/2010 for the course ACTSC 372 taught by Professor Maryhardy during the Spring '09 term at Waterloo.

Page1 / 5

ACTSC-372-1051-Test1_exam - E g: 23, 3 the certainty...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 5. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online