Blood Disorder and Components HCA 240

Blood Disorder and Components HCA 240 - Blood Disorder and...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Blood Disorder and Components Lynne Phinney HCA 240 11/07/2010
Image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
In each body, human or animal there is a blood flow that circulates throughout the body that helps them to maintain life. It is a fluid that sustains the internal organs to continue to give nutrients for the body to continue to live. Blood is one of the essential parts of the body functions. We need blood to supply nutrient to other organs and vessels within the body. Throughout this paper, we will be discussing the parts of the following blood productions Plasma Red Blood cells and Platelets. Also describing the symptoms, diagnosis and proper treatment of the following blood disorders Iron deficiency anemia Vitamin B12 deficiency Sickle cell anemia Thrombocytopenia. What is the function of the blood and it components? The function of the blood is that blood is carries nourishment, vitamins, Oxygen, antibodies and hormones. It also carries certain waste matter and carbon dioxide away from the body tissues. According to the Children Hospital of Wisconsin, Human blood consists of 22 percent of solid and 78 percent water. (chw.org). One of the blood components is Plasma Red Blood cells. Plasma is the clear liquid part of the blood. 90 percent of plasma is water. The other 10 percent contains other types of molecules, which
Image of page 2
includes cellular wastes, glucose, vitamins, salts, nutrients and proteins. The three key types of proteins are present in plasma. There is albumin, fibrinogen, and globulins. Each of these proteins has a particular function to carry out. The albuminkeeps water from exiting the blood and entering the surrounding cells by osmosis (cdli.ca). By doing this it is helping to keep the absorption of the water within the blood the same as the absorption in the body tissues (cdli.ca).
Image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern