DQ 1 - had collapsed. I went in and had fit orthotics made...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Many times when a person breaks a bone they are sent to an orthopedic specialist. My primary care physician sent me a few years ago to an orthopedic doctor because I was having trouble with my right foot. The doctor came in and did a physical examination of the phalanges , as well as took x-rays to get a look at the metatarsal, the tarsal bone , talus, and the calcaneus . An x-ray was also taken of my tibia. The doctor was looking to make sure that I did not have a hairline fracture in my foot. I was also sent for a MRI of the foot due to the swelling that I was having. Eventually it was discovered that the arch of my foot
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: had collapsed. I went in and had fit orthotics made to help support my arches and allow it to heal back to normal. I also was recently sent in for bone density tests , due to a hormone injection that I receive that does cause calcium loss in the bones. They used a DEXA scan and it was a real simple procedure. They measured my height and then they had me lay down on a table. After some adjustments an arm from the machine moved over my body and did the scan. It took less than a half an hour to complete....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 11/27/2010 for the course HCA 220 220 taught by Professor Sumpter during the Spring '10 term at University of Phoenix.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online