Research 1 - PSYCHOLOGY 100 Research Methods Phrenology...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: PSYCHOLOGY 100 Research Methods Phrenology Informal Reasoning Heuristics: General You have just entered into a town, Cognito, where 90% of the population are truckers and the other 10% are psychologists. Based on the description, tell me the occupation of the individual. Trucker Psychologist Heuristics Representativeness heuristic Base Rate - Base rate fallacy - Availability heuristic Cognitive biases Confirmation bias Hindsight bias Hindsight is 20/20 I could have told you that the relief for hurricane Katrina was going to go poorly Overconfidence What is your girlfriends favorite color? How many car accidents have your parents been in over the last 5 years? How sure are you? (0 100%) Scientific Method 1. 2. 3....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 11/28/2010 for the course PSYCHOLGOY 100 taught by Professor Currence during the Winter '09 term at Ohio State.

Page1 / 6

Research 1 - PSYCHOLOGY 100 Research Methods Phrenology...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online