Chapter 14 HW - independent because after we select an...

Info icon This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Chapter 14: From Randomness to Probability 14.HE.A: Page 379, # 6 The radio announcer is trying to say is that both the weather in autumn and the weather in winter are not independent or disjoint. The weather condition in one season affects the other. 14.HE.B: Page 380, # 12 The probabilities that are plausible all add up to a whole number of 1. The answers are A, C, and E 14.HE.C: Page 382, # 34 a.) The blood types are disjoint because they cannot share the same results. The blood types are not
Image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: independent because after we select an individual, it alters the probabilities. 14.HE.D: Page 382, # 32 a.) • The probability of having a type AB blood is 45% • The probability of having Type A or Type B is 55% • The probability of not having Type O is 35% b.) • The probability of all having type O is .0150% • The probability of no one having Type AB is 55% • The probability of not all having type AB is 45% • The probability of at least one person having Type B is .687%...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern