ComputerConnection_JC - Day Knight 24 Hour Computer...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Day & Knight 24 Hour Computer Connection BACKGROUND INFORMATION The Day & Knight 24 Hour Computer Connection (DKCC) is a new computer services store located in the  metropolitan Orlando, Florida area and it provides phenomenal 24 hour service 7 days per week.  DKCC is owned and  operated by two former UCF computer science students.  DKCC has no employees; one partner (Justin) oversees the  day-to-day store operations and the other partner (Jason) is responsible for all of the accounting and financial reporting.  Justin and Jason are equal partners, each having contributed $80,000 to start the business.  In addition, DKCC received  $75,000 from SunBank in the form of a loan.  DKCC technicians are all independent contractors (vendors), thus DKCC  has no employees.   DKCC offers several computer repair and enhancement services. There is a standard hourly charge for each  service. Each service order specifies the service the client needs and quotes an hourly rate.   Many customers also  purchase computer hardware such as refurbished laptops & desktops, network cards, routers etc. DKCC plans to have  periodic clearance sales for slow moving items.  Customers have two options for ordering services or hardware, through  the website or at their ‘brick and mortar’ store located on Alafaya Trail.  If a technician needs a part to complete a service,  the retail price of the part is added to the customer’s invoice.   DKCC estimates that 92% of the service orders volume will  be through the website. 10% of sales are for computer hardware only; the remaining 90% have a service component. To  simplify the record keeping Justin, who handles all on-site transactions including technician and vendor payments and  forwards the related paperwork to Jason, has decided to create dummy sales orders for on-site sales of computer  hardware, thus every sale is related to exactly one sales order.      When customers visit the store and/or the website they are encouraged to register even if they don’t purchase  anything at that time.   Customer registration captures the following information: address line 1, address line 2, city, state,  zip code (9 digit), the customer's phone number (with area code), and email address if applicable.  There is one customer  per order and of course a customer can place many orders.  Each order has a unique “sales order number”.  Each order  includes at least one DKCC service or hardware product desired by the customer and documents the individual quantities  of any products ordered. The company would like to keep track of the date the order was placed, the quoted hourly rate, 
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern