EVPP_111_Lecture_-_Learning_Guide_16_-_Air_Quality_Issues_-_Air_Pollution_-_Indoor_-_Spring_2010

EVPP_111_Lecture_-_Learning_Guide_16_-_Air_Quality_Issues_-_Air_Pollution_-_Indoor_-_Spring_2010

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
EVPP 111 Lecture Learning & Study Guide #16 Spring 2010 Air Quality Issues – Air Pollution - Indoor What is indoor air pollution? Indoor Air Pollution is the term used to describe the amount of contaminants in the air inside a building. Indoor air pollution can often be worse than outside air pollution due to poor ventilation. Unfortunately, it is often ignored. About 80 per cent of all indoor air pollution is human skin. The remaining 20 percent is usually made up of dust mites, pet dander, smoke, pollen, sweat, and chemical compounds from various substances. Why is indoor air pollution a problem? It is a problem because it has a major impact on the health of individuals. Some examples are, but not limited to the following: ~ Throat irritation ~ Asthma ~ Birth Defects ~ Kidney/ Liver damage ~ Cancer Why has there been an increase in indoor air pollution? What are the five source categories for indoor air pollution discussed in class?
Image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern