This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Climate Change
• Rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere
– Caused by combustion of fossil fuels and wood from deforestation CO2 concentration before 1850 = 274 ppm 1958 = 316 ppm Today = 370 ppm CO2 and water vapor absorb and reflect much of the solar radiation that reaches Earth
• – – – • Greenhouse effect
– Increase CO2 means more absorption
– Its like thickening the glass of a greenhouse, it will raise 1/31/11 1/31/11 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/30/2011 for the course BIOL 001 taught by Professor Nathan during the Spring '10 term at George Mason.
- Spring '10