{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

COIT13211_T310_A1_STUDENT

COIT13211_T310_A1_STUDENT - COIT 13211 Information Security...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
COIT 13211 Information Security– Term 3 2010 Assignment 1 - Short/Long Answer Questions ASSIGNMENT DETAILS Due date: End of Week 6 Part: Short/Long Answer Questions Weighting: 15% of total assessment. Will be combined with Assignment 1 – Quiz (5%) to form 20% of total assessment. Submission: Electronic (see course website for details) Notes: Please use the answer format provided. Answer each question fully. Show calculations/working where possible. Answer questions in your own words. Ensure that you number and label each question as it appears on this document. Name: Student Number: Result: /30 Q1 /3 Q2 /3 Q3 /3 Q4 /4 Q5 /4 Q6 /3 Q7 /2 Q8 /2 Q9 /3 Q10 /3 /30 0 Page 1.
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
COIT 13211 Information Security– Term 3 2010 Assignment 1 - Short/Long Answer Questions Question 1 (3 marks) List and briefly describe ( in your own words ) the multiple layers of security that a successful organisation would typically have in place to protect its operations. YOUR ANSWER: Marks Awarded: Comments: Page 2.
Image of page 2
COIT 13211 Information Security– Term 3 2010 Assignment 1 - Short/Long Answer Questions Question 2 (3 marks) List and briefly describe ( in your own words ) three general categories of Information Security threats. For each category provide a real world example of a cause. The examples can be ones that you have experienced, or ones that have occurred in the real world for example the floods in Indonesia caused by an earthquake and resulting tsunami at the end of 2004 ( no marks for using this one ). YOUR ANSWER: Marks Awarded: Comments: Question 3 (3 marks) What is social engineering and what are some ways a hacker can attempt to gain information about a user’s login and password? How might this type of attack differ if it were targeted towards an executive assistant to the CEO versus a data- entry clerk?
Image of page 3

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern