Given the following equation:
O + CO
1. The equation as written would occur in:
(A) the lungs, (B) the systemic tissues.
2. As a result of this reaction the blood pH would:
(A) increase slightly, (B) decrease slightly, (C) remain unchanged.
3, 4. The enzyme (3)
which is present in (4)
is necessary for this reaction to occur.
Choices for #3: (A) carboxyhemoglobin, (B) renin, (C) plasmin,
(D) carbonic anhydrase,
Choices for #4: (E) neutrophils,
(F) erythrocytes, (G) macrophages, (H) thrombocytes.
5 through 9 Matching: Use each answer only once.
(A) carbaminohemoglobin, (B) bilirubin, (C) globulin, (D) albumin, (E) ferritin.
5. Protein secreted by lymphocyte plasma cells,
6. Specifically stores iron in liver, bone marrow, etc.
7. Transport for carbon dioxide.
8. Breakdown product of the heme group porphyrin ring.
9. The major cause of the plasma's osmolarity.
Questions 10 through 15 use the following choices:
(A) globin, (B) coumadin, (C) heparin, (D) anti-thrombin III, (E) Vitamin K, (F) Vitamin