Chapter 11 SBD Answers

Chapter 11 SBD Answers - Chapter 11: Small Business Dilemma...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Chapter 11: Small Business Dilemma Hedging Decisions by the Sports Export Company Jim Logan, owner of the Sports Exports Company, will be receiving about 10,000 British pounds about one month from now as payment for exports produced and sent by his firm. Jim is concerned about his exposure because he believes that there are two possible scenarios: (1) the pound will depreciate by 3 percent over the next month or (2) the pound will appreciate by 2 percent over the next month. There is a 70 percent chance that Scenario I will occur. There is a 30 percent chance that Scenario 2 will occur. Jim notices that the prevailing spot rate of the pound is $1.65, and the one-month forward rate is about $1.645. Jim can purchase a put option over the counter from a securities firm that has an exercise (strike) price of $1.645, a premium of $.025, and an expiration date of one month from now. 1. Determine the amount of dollars received by the Sports Exports Company if the receivables to be received in one month are not hedged, under each of the two exchange
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 2

Chapter 11 SBD Answers - Chapter 11: Small Business Dilemma...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online