Fall syllabus - HK 453 Motor Coordination and Development Fall semester 2010 Instructor Dr Laura Claxton LAMB 304A 496-2293 [email protected]

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
i HK 453: Motor Coordination and Development Fall semester 2010 Instructor: Dr. Laura Claxton Office Hours: Thursdays: 1:30-2:30 LAMB 304A and by appointment 496-2293 [email protected] Course Description This course is an extension of HK 253, covering new topics and placing special emphasis on the role cognition and perception play in motor development in children. Main topics will include the development of reaching, locomotion, posture/ balance, and perception and action, as well as developmental motor disorders. Prerequisites Successful completion of HK 253 is a prerequisite for this course. Course Evaluation There will be two exams worth 20% each, for a total of 40%. The remaining 60% will come from two labs (10% each), a final project (20%), in-class assignments (10%), and surprise quizzes (10%). Examination #1 20% Examination #2 20% Labs 20% Final Project: Paper/ Presentation 20% Assignments 10% Surprise quizzes 10% Exams Exams cover material from course lectures, course readings, and any videos shown in class. There will be no makeup exams without a valid doctors note. To be fair to all students I will not discuss possible exam questions during office hours. These questions should be addressed during lecture, so that all students receive the same information. I will not respond to email questions regarding the exams. Quizzes Several surprise quizzes will be given in lecture. The quizzes will typically cover material that was discussed during the current or last class. You must be present to write the quiz, you cannot make up this quiz at a later date if you are absent. The grade for all quizzes will be expressed as a grade out of 10. You can miss one
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 02/17/2011 for the course HK 453 taught by Professor Claxton during the Fall '10 term at Purdue University-West Lafayette.

Page1 / 3

Fall syllabus - HK 453 Motor Coordination and Development Fall semester 2010 Instructor Dr Laura Claxton LAMB 304A 496-2293 [email protected]

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online