exam1practice

exam1practice - STAT4101 Practice Exam 1 October 5, 2007...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
STAT4101 Practice Exam 1 October 5, 2007 The exam is closed-book, but you may bring one sheet of letter-sized paper with notes on both sides. You will need a calculator. 1. In the recent Minnesota Poll conducted by the Star Tribune newspaper and reported on October 3, only 30% of Minnesotans approve of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president. (The remaining 70% either disapprove, don’t know, or refused to answer.) Broken down by party affiliation, 5% of Democrats, 70% of Republicans, and 25% of Independents approve. (Independents include everyone who is not either a Democrat or a Republican.) (a) Assuming 40% of Minnesotans are Independents (in 2004 it was 38%), show that 33.8% of Minnesotans are Democrats and 26.2% are Republicans. (b) You meet a Minnesotan who approves of Bush. Using the result in part a, what is the probability that this person is a Democrat? (Assume you met this person randomly.) 2. Consider two events: A and B . We know that P ( A ) = 0 . 6 and P
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 02/23/2011 for the course MATH 444 taught by Professor Any during the Fall '10 term at Roosevelt.

Page1 / 2

exam1practice - STAT4101 Practice Exam 1 October 5, 2007...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online